Saturday, September 8, 2012

What is Healing?


What is Healing?

My ideas about healing have changed significantly in the past few months as a result of reading Anita Moorjani's book DYING TO BE ME and Barbra White's book MAGNIFICENT YOU. Meditation and journaling have also been helping me. I believe that healing begins with forgiving and loving myself. I learned this from Louise Hay 15 years ago, when I read her wonderful book YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE. I recently ran across something I had written 15 years ago saying that I knew self-love was important for my healing, and I've talked with many people since then about how important self-love is to healing.  I guess I thought that I could heal without loving myself and I think the Universe (Divine) is disagreeing with me because I am seeing this message everywhere now. I can no longer ignore it. Eleven years ago, when I received my first Stage IV diagnosis and was told I had about 2-5 years to live, I thought that my life depended on my ability to forgive my mother, and I did forgive her. Then, I went into remission for 7 years!!! Now, I feel like my life depends on my ability to love and accept my self and to let my real Self shine through into my every expression of thought, word and deed. As always, if what I say does not resonate with you, just leave it alone.  If it does, continue reading.  


I believe that my real Self (higher self, spirit, etc.) is a spark of the Divine, as I talked about in Divinity=Infinity.  So, logically, how could I NOT love WHO I REALLY AM?  It seems simple enough, yet I realize that I have some rather negative feelings toward my body, the physical representation of the real me.  And, I have judged myself rather harshly for not "measuring up" to my own idealized version of the perfect healer/perfect cancer patient. For me, HEALING will be LETTING GO OF SOME OF MY IDEAS, LIKE:

  • I need to know WHY I developed cancer
  • I can understand everything intellectually
  • I need to prove something to myself and the world about healing
  • My body is working against me
I can let go of my expectations of myself and others.  I can forgive myself for judging and criticizing myself for being human. I can trust that ALL IS WELL, no matter what happens. I can be gentle, loving and kind to my human self - thoughts, emotions and body. I'm feeling an urgency about this.


As a person consciously choosing the path of healing, it is important to empower myself - to realize how much control and power I have to determine the direction of my healing journey.  I can set this direction by making choices that are both life-affirming and healing.  My entire physical existence can be a healing journey – if I choose to make it so.  

Healing is about being who I really am - fearlessly.  Although a cure may not be available, HEALING is always a choice I can make.  I believe that is it possible to totally heal the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of myself while still in physical form.  It's possible that the  body can't keep up with the other parts or it's not supposed to due to soul contracts or Karma or some other factor science cannot explain.  To me, human healing is complete when we leave the body.  I am not saying that I want to die, but when that happens, I want to feel peaceful in that I have loved and lived in the best way that I can.

Now I'm off to practice some humor therapy by watching an episode of BIG BANG THEORY.  One important point to remember...


Healing is
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
Choice!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Can you forgive yourself for developing cancer?
    Hugs,
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I forgive myself? With Divine Healing Love, all things are possible. I am directing more of that love inwardly - overflowing my cup, ALLOWING myself to be human, letting go of that expectation of perfection. So, can I? Certainly. It is 'in process' and I am feeling more 'peace of mind' every day. How will I know when I am there? When I just want to KISS myself because I love myself so much! I LIKE myself today and I am LOVING who I am becoming. How would YOU answer this question? Love,
    Magnolia

    ReplyDelete